Local Charities Worldwide
1.1 Introductory Notes
- Who we are
- Which information you provide to us
- Which information we collect from you
- How we use the information we collect from you
- How we store your personal information
- Whether we will disclose the information that you provide to us to others
- Which policies apply to the use of social media
1.2 Who are we
Local Charities Worldwide is an online platform located in the Netherlands. We are a charity registered in the Netherlands, Charity Number n°81608268. Local Charities Worldwide is the data controller responsible for keeping your data safe and using it wisely.
1.3 Information you provide
When you visit the website, visit our social media pages, make a donation, apply for a vacancy or contact us with questions or request information you provide to use your personal information. It depends on the type of communication or transaction which information you provide us but it can be your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, bank details, social media name or organization name.
With regard to each time you visit the website you will also provide us technical information, information about your visit and location information.
Furthermore, you may also provide us non personal information – information that is sent to us by your web browser such as IP addresses, browser type and plug-in details, device type (e.g. Desktop, laptop, tablet, phone etc.) operating system and local time zone.
1.4 Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to our visitors. When you visit the website, join us on social media, make a donation, apply for a vacancy, contact us with questions, request
information or make use of any other of our services we collect (personal) information from you. We collect information about your activity e.g. which content you shared, which pages you visited, which charity profiles you browsed on, what links you clicked on and to which links of organizations you clicked on and where directed to their websites. We also collect (technical)
you not be willing to get the analytics cookies, please change your cookies settings (‘change your cookies preferences’).
1.5 How we use your information
Local Charities Worldwide uses your personal, non-personal data and the technical information logged by our servers, that you provide to us or we collect for different purposes, which may include the following:
- To operate our website and provide you with any services you have requested;
- To improve our services, develop our services and/or provide personalized services, including content and ads and to improve/measure the performance;
- To provide you with information about our work or our activities (e.g. newsletters);
- Provide and/or improve our customer service, e.g. assisting with your support requests or other issues relating to our website. This can be via email, telephone or our support system;
- To communicate with you.g. to provide you with information you’ve requested from us or information we are required to send to you, in business communications e.g. changes to our websites / services, security updates;
- We use the technical information logged by our servers when you visit our website to improve your experience on our website (such as remembering your name or your preferences) and preventing fraudulent activity;
- If you ask us to delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists and we are unwanted processing;
- To comply with the legal obligations;
1.6 How we store your information
Local Charities Worldwide intends to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. We will store your personal data, in a format which permits us to identify you for no longer than 2 years after our most recent communication with you, after which it will be deleted or anonymized, unless we have a legal obligation to retain it for a longer period. Furthermore, we will not keep your information longer than necessary for the purpose for which the personal data is processed and we will delete the information we hold about you when we no longer need it.
1.7 Sharing of your information
We respect your privacy and your personal information. Therefore, we will not share your personal information with any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing. Local Charities Worldwide will only provide your personal data to third parties if this is necessary for the execution of the agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation. Local Charities Worldwide will never sell your personal data.
1.8 Social media widgets and applications
Local Charities Worldwide’s website will typically include functionalities to enable sharing via third party social media applications (such as the Facebook Like button and the Instagram follow button). These social media applications will collect and use information regarding your use of our website (for further details see “Social Sharing” cookies). Any personal information that you
provide via the social media application and such interactions are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that offer the social media services and provide the application. We do not have control over, or responsibility for, those companies or their use of your information. For more information please read and refer to the third party’s privacy policies.
1.9 Information Security
Local Charities Worldwide takes the protection of your personal data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized changes. We are committed to protecting your personal data and have the appropriate technical and procedural measures in place to make sure your data is secure. We make sure only designated employees have access to your personal information. On secure pages, a “closed” lock symbol is displayed in the bottom part of your browser screen and the website address in the address bar at the top of the browser screen starts with an “https” instead of an “http”. If you feel that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of abuse, please contact us using the contact details below.
1.10 Links to other websites
Where we provide links to websites of other organizations, this privacy notice does not cover how that organization processes personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy notices on the other websites you visit.
1.11 Your rights
In this section we describe the key controls for managing your privacy and we inform you about your rights. Under GDPR data protection law, you have rights and we want to make you aware of your rights. The rights available to you depend on our reason for processing your information.
You have the right to:
- Access your personal information that we hold of you. You can ask us for copies of your personal information;
- Ask us to rectify information which you think is inaccurate. You have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete;
- Ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances;
- Object to processing of your information;
- Ask that we transfer the information you gave to us from one organization to another, or give to you. This right only applies if we are processing information based on your consent or under, or in talks about entering into a contract and the processing is automated.
You can read more about your rights on the GDPR website. We work to high standards when it comes to processing your personal information. It is our utmost intent to keep your personal information safe and secure. If you have questions or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2.1 What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files with small pieces of data (like letters and numbers) that are installed, if you agree, in your browser or the hard drive on your computer. Cookies are created when you use your browser to visit a website. Cookies identify your computer as you use the computer network.
Find more information about cookies on: www.allaboutcookies.org
2.3 Disabling Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help on how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this website. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies we set:
2.4 Account related cookies
2.5 Login related cookies
2.6 Email newsletters related cookies
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
2.7 Site preferences cookies
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page that is affected by your preferences.
2.8 Third party cookies
This site uses Google Analytics to collect usage statistics and details of user behaviour patterns. This aids us in understanding how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to improve our website.
This information is only processed in a way that does not allow for individual user identification. We do not make, and strongly discourage Google Analytics to make, any attempt to find out the identities of our visitors.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
Hopefully this has clarified things for you. However, if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us via email at email@example.com.